Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thank GOD I don't work at Valve!

As some of you may know my favorite game of all time is Portal 2 and while looking at some behind the scenes info I started to learn about the origin of Portal. Years before Portal even existed a team called "Nuclear Monkey Software" released a game called "Narbacular Drop". The game had some nice ideas and was an interesting game, but I really didn't find it fun to play. The controls are slippery, the physics flawed, the environment empty and really no hook to keep you playing. I found this game intriguing at least, but still found it a bore to play. The guys over at Valve on the other hand saw the potential of what they had achieved and what they still had to achieve and ended up making one of the best decisions in their career. I have learned that you need to be open minded and see not only what people have done but also what they have yet to do, there's no way that I would have invested ANYTHING into ND but the guys over at Valve KNOW what their doing. And that's why I thank God I don't work at Valve.

No comments:

Post a Comment